YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN CHARACTER BREAKDOWNS
• Dr. Frederick Frankenstein – Male, age 20s/40s. Brilliant brain surgeon, professor and grandson of mad scientist Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein. Vocal range: Bb one octave below middle C to G above middle C.
• The Monster – Male, any age. It’ll help if you’re super tall! The misunderstood creation of Dr. Frankenstein. Vocal range: Ab one octave below middle C to F above middle C. Also must be able to emit howling/monster/grunting sounds. Knowledge of tap dancing a plus.
• Igor – Male. Frederick’s faithful, bright-eyed, eager servant and friend–with a hunchback. Vocal range: D below middle C to F above middle C.
*Pro Tip: If you would like to be considered for the role of Igor, make a bold choice, confidently.
• Inga – Female, age 20s/30s. Frederick’s bubbly, not-so-bright young assistant. Sexy, attractive. A resident of Transylvania. Vocal range: G# below middle C to A above the treble staff. Yodeling is a plus.
*Pro Tip: If you would like to be considered for the role of Inga, prepare the most soprano song that ever sopranoed.
• Elizabeth Benning – Female, age 20s/30s. Self-loving, “madcap”, boisterous fiancé of Frederick. Vocal range: F# below middle C to F#, top line of the treble staff.
• Frau Blücher – Female, age 30s/60s. Intense, stern housekeeper of Frankenstein estate. Former lover of Victor Frankenstein. Vocal range: F## (G natural) below middle C to B, third line treble staff.
• Inspector Hans Kemp – Male. Head of the police in Transylvania, with a wooden arm and leg. Justice-driven. A one octave below middle C to F above middle C. Will double as the Blind Hermit – Lonely, poor, blind town hermit longing for a friend. Vocal range: Bb one octave below middle C to Db just above middle C.
• Swing cast: Any age/gender, plenty of featured roles, lot of juicy lines and singing, including a barbershop quartet. This group will portray gravediggers, villagers, medical students, passengers, mad scientists and various secondary roles, including:
• Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein – Male. Frederick’s infamous grandfather. Vocal range: C# below middle C to G# above middle C.
• Ziggy – Male. Well-intentioned village idiot. Vocal range: F below middle C to F above middle C.